Frequently Asked Questions
- A water bottle with a secure lid.
- Sunscreen. New Mexico mountain sun can be intense!
- Wear clothes that dry quickly. Nylon or poly fabrics are best.
- Shoes that can get wet and that stay on your feet (no flip-flops).
- A change of clothes for the ride home.
- Optional: Waterproof Cameras, Sunglasses with a strap.
Please do not bring valuables, such as jewelry, keys, or Cell phones, on your New Mexico Rafting trip.
- Professionally trained and experienced guides
- Type V Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs)
- A mandatory safety orientation for all guests
- River booties and splash gear if necessary ($5 additional cost each)
Unless otherwise arranged, you will be on a paddle raft with a guide in each boat. The guide will call out instructions and you will help to navigate the river by paddling when asked. This is a fun team oriented way to enjoy our rivers. In some circumstances, an oar boat can be provided allowing you to hold on and enjoy the scenery without the necessity of paddling.
If the need arises to cancel after your reservation, we require a 72-hour notice on all other adventures to get a full refund, or full charges will apply.
All trips will go out in all weather, rain or shine. If the weather looks rainy, bring a rain jacket. We will have fun no matter what the weather does. We also rent out splash gear in case you forgot your rain jacket at home. If you wish to cancel your trip you must call us at least 72 hours prior to your trip in order to avoid paying full charges (see our cancellation policy above).
Directions & More
Rio Grande Visitor Center
APPROXIMATELY 29 MILES NORTH OF ESPANOLA on New Mexico Hwy 68. North of Rinconada, 5 miles past the County Line in the town of Pilar, across the Hwy. from the Pilar Yacht Club. Please park along the fence.
All participants will be required to sign a Release and Acknowledgment of Risk form, which can be viewed with Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Release and Acknowledgment of Risk Form [58kb]
If you don’t have Adobe Acrobat Reader, just click below to download a free copy.