The “Taos Box,” is the premier one-day wilderness trip on the Rio Grande, and contains the most advanced class IV whitewater in New Mexico. This 17-mile trip starts just northwest of Taos.
Rio Grande Racecourse Half Day
- Guest Ages 12 and up
- Sale $59 was $74
- Youth Ages 6-11
- Sale $59 was $74
Experience Kokopelli Racecourse Half Day in Rio Grande with Kokopelli Rafting
This five-mile section known as the Racecourse is our most popular half-day trip on the Rio Grande. Ranging from a wild class III-IV ride during the spring high-water to a more technical and demanding class III run as the water goes down and the rocks come up in summer. In May and June, be prepared for cold water, big waves, and plenty of interactive excitement. As summer progresses and the water goes down, your guide will be depending on you to help maneuver and power the raft through many tight spots and narrow channels. With the lower water comes warmer water, allowing for more opportunities to jump in and go swimming, and surfing the raft in the waves.
The Racecourse is runnable all season long. If you are looking for the highest water, come in late May and early June.
More tour details
- Safety orientation
- PFD’s Personal Flotation Device aka Life Jackets, sorry no personal PFD’s allowed
- Transportation to and from the river
- Please no flip-flops or sandals.
- Sturdy footwear like old tennis shoes work great we also rent river shoes.
- Our Rafts do not have storage, please leave all personal items in the hotel room or vehicle.
- Wallets, keys, and phones can be left in your vehicle, or with our office staff.
- Sign the digital waiver ASAP for everyone in the group. Look for an email called “DUE NOW ~ Waiver Link ~ Sign TODAY” (this may end up in your junk folder).
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled adventure time, see the confirmation email for the location.
- Parking is available at our meeting location.
- Restrooms & changing areas are available.
- For sanitation reasons, shirts must be worn under life jackets aka PFDs.