The “Taos Box,” is the premier one-day wilderness trip on the Rio Grande, and contains the most advanced class IV whitewater in New Mexico. This 17-mile trip starts just northwest of Taos.
Rio Grande Float Half Day
- Guests Ages 12 and up
- Sale $59 was $69
- Youths Ages 6-11
- Sale $59 was $69
Discover Rio Grande River Rafting with Kokopelli Rafting Adventures
This is a perfect introduction to rafting!
If you’re looking for a relaxing trip through a beautiful Rio Grande canyon with a few mild class II rapids, the half-day Rio Grande Float is perfect for you. If you are not sure about the whole whitewater craze and want a mellow introduction to floating down the river. We will float past beautiful natural springs, and perhaps get a look at some wildlife.
Your guide will ensure you have a memorable and educational experience on the float trip down this beautiful Rio Grande River. There are multiple opportunities to swim in the river on warmer days. Ask about taking a paddle board or inflatable kayak down the float section. The minimum age on this trip is three and up in most conditions.
- Safety orientation
- PFD’s Personal Flotation Device aka Life Jackets, sorry no personal PFD’s allowed
- Transportation to and from the river
- Please no flip-flops or sandals.
- Sturdy footwear like old tennis shoes work great we also rent river shoes.
- Our Rafts do not have storage, please leave all personal items in the hotel room or vehicle.
- Wallets, keys, and phones can be left in your vehicle or with our office staff.
- Sign the digital waiver ASAP for everyone in the group. Look for an email called “DUE NOW ~ Waiver Link ~ Sign TODAY” (this may end up in your junk folder).
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled adventure time at the pre-determined location (see confirmation email)
- Parking is available at our location.
- Restrooms & changing areas are available
- For sanitation reasons, shirts must be worn under life jackets aka PFDs.