This five-mile section known as the Racecourse is our most popular half-day trip on the Rio Grande. Ranging from a wild class III-IV ride during the spring high-water to a more technical and demanding class III run as the water goes down and the rocks come up in summer.
Rio Grande Lower Gorge Full Day
- Guests Ages 12 and up
- Youths Ages 6-11
Experience Rio Grande Lower Gorge Full Day with Kokopelli Rafting Adventures
This is a perfect Full-day adventure featuring our float trip combined with the Racecourse!
Embark on a thrilling 6-hour rafting adventure through the Lower Gorge Rio Grande, featuring class I-III rapids. Start the day by immersing yourself in the stunning Southwestern landscapes, navigate the exciting Class I-II rapids, and soak in the natural beauty of the canyon walls and clear waters. About halfway down we will stop for a riverside lunch to fuel up before the action-packed Racecourse. After lunch, we will embrace the thrilling class II-III rapids for the next 6 miles. Expert guides with your safety in mind provide insights into the region’s history and wildlife. This unforgettable journey combines adventure and scenic wonder, offering an ideal experience for nature enthusiasts and thrill-seekers alike.
More tour details
- Safety orientation
- PFD’s Personal Flotation Device aka Life Jackets, sorry no personal PFD’s allowed
- Transportation to and from the river
- Riverside lunch
- Please no flip-flops or sandals.
- Sturdy footwear like old tennis shoes work great we also rent river shoes.
- Our Rafts have little storage, please leave all personal or valuable items in the hotel room or vehicle.
- Wallets, keys, and phones can be left in your vehicle or with our sales staff.
- Sign the digital waiver ASAP for everyone in the group. Look for an email called “DUE NOW ~ Waiver Link ~ Sign TODAY” (this may end up in your junk folder).
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled adventure time at
- Parking is available at our location.
- Restrooms & changing areas are available
- For sanitation reasons, shirts must be worn under life jackets aka PFDs.